Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Pentecost (Heresy) Sunday in Palm Beach County Florida

I went to assist at The Divine Liturgy of Saint James the Less at Mary Mother of the Light Maronite Church in Tequesta, Florida.

There was a substitute Priest, Father Tom, who used his sermon to attack The Holy Bible and to otherwise engage in various heresies.

He began by saying that when he was young he saw Holy Cards depicting the Apostles as having the Holy Spirit descend upon them as tongues of fire.

What follows is not a recording of what he said but a accurate paraphrase of his sermon.

Well, I always wondered why their hair didn't catch on fire and then I learned that wasn't real history.

I hope you all understand that only Luke mentioned the Ascension whereas the other writers knew that Jesus ascended into Heaven right after The Resurrection.

We have to understand that every day is Pentecost and that everyone living is united- just as all the listeners heard the Apostles speaking in their own tongues.

That means all of us now are living in unity with everyone else.

Truth is not about right and wrong. The greek word for truth also means remembering.

After I returned home I called my son who goes to a N.O. Parish in Wellington because he has young children and to trip to Tequesta is too long for them.

I told him I had a story about a heretical priest and he said, I doubt you can top what I heard today.

He then told me about Father Marko at St. Rita's Catholic Church who began the Liturgy by asking the congregation to give a round of applause to the Holy Spirit.

In his sermon he said that the Catholic Church was wrong about the Faith until the Second Vatican Council and that anyone who believed what the Church believed before the Second Vatican Council could never had never received the Holy Spirit.

He said that until the Second Vatican Council the liturgy was in Latin so nobody knew what was going on at Mass but now we do know what is going on because the Mass is in the vernacular. 

Way to go 60s Synod...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check with your doctor