Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Accompany Sinners?

  

Douay-Rheims Bible

 

Ecclesiasticus (Sirach)

Chapter 5

We must not presume of our wealth or strength: nor of the mercy of God, to go on in sin: we must be steadfast in virtue and truth.

[1] Set not thy heart upon unjust possessions, and say not: I have enough to live on: for it shall be of no service in the time of vengeance and darkness. [2] Follow not in thy strength the desires of thy heart: [3] And say not: How mighty am I? and who shall bring me under for my deeds? for God will surely take revenge. [4] Say not: I have sinned, and what harm hath befallen me? for the most High is a patient rewarder. [5] Be not without fear about sin forgiven, and add not sin upon sin: 

[6] And say not: The mercy of the Lord is great, he will have mercy on the multitude of my sins. [7] For mercy and wrath quickly come from him, and his wrath looketh upon sinners. [8] Delay not to be converted to the Lord, and defer it not from day to day. [9] For his wrath shall come on a sudden, and in the time of vengeance he will destroy thee. [10] Be not anxious for goods unjustly gotten: for they shall not profit thee in the day of calamity and revenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check with your doctor