Thursday, June 1, 2023

How Ron DeSantis can respond to Donald Trump's silly name calling

I have a Social Compact with the Government based on the acknowledgement that it will lead us to Hell (owing to its practice of legislating against the Commandments of Christ) and, on my part, for not leading or participating in direct violent action against the government, I expect it will provide me with some entertainment on the road to perdition. 


I have been patiently waiting for Ron DeSantis to respond in kind to the silly name calling of former POTUS Donald Trump  leading up to the Republican Primary Campaign but I fear he is unwilling (more likely unable) to engage so as to satisfy the Government's part of The Social Compact.

Trump refuses to call Ron DeSantis by his name.

He calls him Rob DeSanctimonious.

 If I were DeSantis I’d respond by saying  I'm not surprised he can’t remember my name. He’s getting a lot older and even when he was younger he  couldn’t remember who he was supposed to go to bed with - one of the three different women he was married to at the time or some contestant in one of his many beauty pageants.

But I do give him some credit for his memory when he was younger.

During Vietnam he always remembered to apply for a deferment from the draft so he wouldn't have to  serve in the military during the Vietnam War. He always remembered to do that. In fact, he  remembered to do that five different times.

I think I speak for all of the civilian members of The Social Compact that the GOP has got to be more entertaining that it has been since, say, Eugene "Gene" McCarthy back in the day.

Men off a certain age (I am the same age as Israel; I was born in 1948) can remember Gene McCarthy responding to  George Romney's infamous radio interview in which he confessed that in 1965 he had returned from a trip to Vietnam and been "brainwashed" by the military and the diplomatic corps and duped into supporting the war.

Asked by a reporter about Romney's confession Gene McCarthy quipped that with Romney a brainwashing would not have been necessary, just a light rinse.

Sure, a lot of men might quibble that the illegal, immoral and UnJust War in Vietnam was nothing to laugh at but Social Compacts are serious business.

Come on DeSantis, stand and deliver. You don't have to develop some diverting doggerel;

Donald Trumpet, 
Got in trouble with a strumpet;
But since the day he was born,
He just blows his own horn.

but you've got to do better than just run oft to Israel to sign anti semitic legislation thereby destroying the free speech of your constituents in Florida; there is nothing funny about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check with your doctor