Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Novus Ordo Watch Schism makes captious claims

 NOW (Mario Derksen) is always banging on about how Catholics can not resist any order from a Pope.

Has he never heard of Radio Replies?

Here is an entry in volume three of the 1941 edition:


347. Still Catholics are obliged to obey the Pope in all things.

There is no authority in the Church to command what is evil. If any authority did so, Catholics are obliged to disobey such commands. If, for example, the Pope sent me a special command to murder some special enemy of the Church, I would absolutely refuse to obey. And if the Pope charged me with disobedience, I would reply, "I owe you no obedience when you command what is clearly sinful." But there is not the least likelihood of any Pope commanding anyone to do what is sinful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check with your doctor