Monday, September 26, 2016

American-American community loses legend.

The American-American community lost one of its greats today when Arnold Palmer died.



When  Pennsylvania native, Peter Yablonsky, heard the news, he spoke the words many have taken as the words they would have spoken had they been asked by a reporter which they weren't. 

I'm not gonna lie, said Mr. Yablonksy,  when I head the news abut the King, Arnold Palmer,  I was standing in my kitchen eating scrapple and watching ESPN and, I am not gonna lie, I began to cry and I thought about the great Arnold Palmer and not only just about his hunched over putting stance but I also thought about the ads for Pennzoil when Arnie was driving a tractor and then, I'm not gonna lie, I suddenly stopped crying and as I finished my scrapple, I suddenly realised there has never been an ad with a negro driving a tractor.

That really makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check with your doctor